Sunday, October 16, 2011

SolatoRobo


Ok Where do I start with this...Amazing. Just simply amazing. This game is something I have not seen in a game in such a long time. The style, The story, The music, The...Just everything about this game is absolutely amazing. I am not even done yet And I just can't believe how much I am drawn in. Now I know I have been somewhat lenient in my reviews but this game is just so great.



Remember this is a DS game.

This game solatorobo takes place in a place in a world of floating islands (already sounds fun don't it?) And you play as Red Savarin. A hunter (mercenary) that is just trying to make it out in the world when suddenly on a mission you find yourself finding an unconscious person in a cargo bay. You were there to retrieve files and after finding a medallion things get crazy. Before you know it you are thrust into a situation where you must now save the world from utter annihilation.

The games execution was done amazingly and this is a "spiritual" sequel to a game made by the same developers called "Tail Concerto". During the game you actually meet up with several characters from that game (made 13-14 years ago) and several quest require you to work with them. I have not played Tail concerto but I plan on getting that soon if it is anything compared to this game.

Gameplay: okay the gameplay is amazing. It hardly gets boring or repetitive except for the fact your few attacks are picking up and throwing the enemy. I mean you can do other stuff but the game seems too easy at some points. ( I have yet to die and I have played this for 4 days straight [and still have yet to beat it by the way]). Now you are in a mech suit and you can do other stuff such as flying races and you can get out of your mech at just about any time you wish so there is always something to do in the game. But other than it being a bit easy here and there and the limited variety of attacks I found this executed beautifully.

Graphics: You have to remember this is a ds game so Graphics are not PS3 or Xbox material here. But it is amazing for what they had to work with. Reminds me of a decent ps1 game or a low end ps2. So for a ds Game this is great.

Soundtrack: Ok the soundtrack to the game...Beautiful. Another reason I love these styled games so much. The best part is I got a CD with the game because JRPG games like this always come with awesomeness like that. :D The soundtrack was orchestrated magnificently. As a music an myself I gotta say HOLY CRAP IT"S GOOD! Every song was made perfect for the situation it was used and I will be blasting the sounds from this game from my systems for a long time to come.

Storyline: Dude,Yet again Japan does not fail in this regard. How they get so good at storytelling in video games is beyond me But I don't care. It works and I will never complain. The story arks to the awkward situations and hell even the side stories that have nothing to do with the main quest whatsoever are just superb. I was drawn in so much and the way they do it just makes you love each and every character so much more in their own way. From The protagonists Bullheaded yet loyal and honorable acts to the side kicks calm and sometimes witty (and then downright awkward conversations) just make me love it so much more. If you like stories when you play then pick it up now.

Overall: Dude screw what anyone thinks I give this damn thing a f*cking 10/10. Stop reading this and get a copy of this right now.

No DS You say?
PICK ONE UP RIGHT NOW YOU IDIOT AND PLAY THIS GAME!

Out of money you say?
TRADE IN YOUR WII OR IPOD AND GET THIS GAME NOW!

Don't like anthropomorphic animals being in your games?
Die. Letting something like that stop you from playing such an amazing game means you should just die. I mean it. Find a hole and bury yourself in it right now.

Overall 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment