Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Warhammer Space Marine






Alright People. Long time no see. Now I have finally gotten around to getting on the comp long enough to type something. SO here I go:




Alright first thing is first. You have to be a slight Fan of Warhammer 40K to really get this. Now I will admit that I am a fanboy and That I will be slightly..oh who Am I kidding I went insane when I finally got my collectors edition in the mail! I love this game. Now the game is not without its flaws though. There is a slight snag here and there that takes away from the gameplay But I do believe they are minor and should be squared away in an update or 2. SO let me get started properly.

You play as Captain Titus Of the UltraMarines (Yes Yes They are overplayed I know, But whatever). A Forger world is being attacked by orks and you have been sent along with other space marines to secure The Titan Envictus (I think I spelled that right) from being looted by the orks. But along the way you must help the imperial gaurd (Wimps IMO but that is not the point here) and as you are helping them The forces of Chaos make their way into the fray making it an all out Brawl at one point. So now you must not only stop the orks But you must also destroy the forces of chaos while you are there.

The campaign: Good, Not too long. It was actually a bit easy (Or I am just that Beast) But I found the campaign slightly lacking here and there, But I went straight to hard mode and Beat it in a good 3 days (Nice long sessions). But I enjoyed the campaign and I will say it was good, But I would like them to make another *Spoiler* They will *end spoiler*. Bt if you are looking for a capaign only game, Well this may not be the best choice, But If you like Hack and slash along with a mi of 3rd person Carnage in form of .998 Bolter explosive tipped Auto Rifle rounds....Then you should enjoy this. I liked it but I wish it was longer.


Gameplay: Wonderful. The way you can switch from hack and slash to 3rd person shooting was done amazingly. I loved every second of it and I still do. The thunder hammer, The chainsword, The Bolter, All of it is just so much fun. The motions are fluid and nice. Very well done.

The Multiplayer: A, While this is not COD (Thank The Emperor) I am loving the Multiplayer. Granted the max level is 41 (41st century Derp) But the customization you can do with your marines and Chaos Marines is amazing. I love having my Custom Reaper chapter in front of my eyes on a big screen in nice Xbox Graphics (Though PC is usually better). The connections are still iffy here and there and I think they need to patch the hit detection for Raptors and Assault Marines, But other than a patch here and there to polish it off I say nicely done, And I await the co-op Mode that is soon to come out in October. :D

Graphics: Good, Damn good. Not Reach or FF13 But good either way. You won't be disappointed.

Content: Not much content other than multiplayer (2 modes at the moment with a 3rd under way) and Campaign. But still enough to hold you down till Battlefield, saints row 3, COD MW3, and all that goodness that will come out within the next 2 months.

Overal rating, Ok I wll say 8.5 out of 10 because of glitchy matches and laggy multiplayer every once in a while. And that darn hit detection with Raptors and Assault Marines. So I say Pick the damn ame up and experience the wonder that is Warhammer 40K...and No it does not copy Gears. Gears copies Warhammer. SO does Starcraft. Yeah I said it.

SirSlaughter Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment