Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hunted, Demons Forge


This is made by Bethesda and I have to say, It was not bad at all...But it wasn't their best work. They could have done so much better on it. The combat system was not good. I didn't like it. Granted you have to get used to it and after that you can manage, but the combat system is not fun. I always end up getting hit just as I attack and lose a good amount of health. they took a more realistic approach on this game at the fact that your shields break apart until they are dead and you have to scavenge for more shields from your dead enemies often. Really cool Actually. I thought it was a good touch. The weapons are kind of repetitive because I always see the same sword over and over again and I would like a unique sword or bow to have every once in a while.



The AI sucks. I mean the AI partner you have is stupid as f*ck sometimes. I tell him/her to push an object or light a torch...and they sit there and take a good 3 minutes before they go "oh look a puzzle! Maybe I should light the torch even though you told me to do it 3 minutes ago." The shooting system for the bows and crossbows were not my favorite. I keep missing even though I have the damned reticule on the Worgens head and it is glowing red. very frustrating and tiresome sometimes. The sword attacks are a bit stiff and feel held back to me. When you attack an enemy you don't feel like you are truly attacking them, you feel as though you are swinging a sword and they are falling to the ground. Not that you are hitting them and they are staggering back due to your attacks.

The puzzles are awesome. I love them. They keep me entertained and really put some meat on the game. The game really stresses exploration to look for goodies and such. I am only at the beginning of chapter 2 and I am enjoying that part. The story feels a bit rushed IMO but...meh, it's still solid anyway. the voice acting for the elf is not really the greatest but I guess it goes with who they were trying to portray her as. The graphics for Xbox are....eh. They could have made it better but then again an XBOX can only go so far anyway seeing as they are all the same in terms of power and such. the computer graphics are beautiful if you set them all the way up...but then again...how many of us are running that kind of monstrous setup?

The magic in the game is limited to 3 spells and 3 Character based spells/abilities. I kind of was sad seeing that I had such a limited array to choose from, but after trying them all out and seeing the way I could use them I was quickly brought back to happy land seeing the enemy explode when I froze them with an Ice arrow and shocked them until they flipped and fell over. That is fun and I can say I enjoy that part. You can actually boost your partner by sending your power to them and let them get a bit of a boost when in a sticky situation.

Ok now for weapon: You can only carry 2 weapons at a time. (sword and bow/Crossbow) That is not game breaking for me, but the fact I don't get a fancy inventory to hold an insane amount of crap to sell later was a bit saddening, but hey, this is not elder scrolls. My one problem is that getting epic weapons doesn't really mean as much as it would if you could re-enchant them. They have a limited amount of uses and once those are up, it is back to normal swings/shots of non magical dullness. I wish you could carry a weapon that was epic and amazing and always keep it through the game and level it up or something, but like I said earlier, they went with a bit of realism on this one.

There is a mode where you can make your own dungeons and have custom waves of enemies attack people online. I have yet to try this mode and will get on that at another date. But From what I hear it is cool and is a really good way to get a challenge if you are up for it.

The story is rushed at the very beginning but it slows down big time the moment you get to the first town. The characters are not badly done, but the graphics and the mouth movements could have used a bit more polish. The combat system was not great, but if you block and dodge enough you should handle yourself fine. The Story is a bit iffy at first but you pick it up as soon as you start attacking in the first town. They added realism and I like that, It is something I have not experienced much before and I like the way they took it.

Overall I give this game a good 7 out of 10. Not the best but still fun. Until next time this is SirSlauhter Signing out. Bye bye. *Runs off to play more games*

No comments:

Post a Comment