Friday, January 20, 2012

Rocksmith Round 2

Hello, I am back with round 2 of rocksmith. Now My setup wasn't proper for it beforehand And I had to sacrifice convenience to get no latency. No problem. I set up my speakers and tv properly and with no latency, This is fun. I had a blast learning a few songs and i downloaded the Megadeth pack. They still have a lack of my genre i would prefer to play but the gameplay is great. But it is made for people who are learning guitar more than for people that are already veterans of the steel strings. So, Now that everything is set let me tell you a bit more.

when you start you only get a simple amp and no effects. Well, as you level up in the game you get more guitars, amps, and effect pedals to greatly alter your sound. Now when they did all that they were spot on. I could recognize the style of amp and guitar just by the sound. It was great. They put a lot of work into that and I salute them for getting that right.

The difficulty leveling was a bit meh. I like the way they did it though. It is really made for people starting out and trying to learn guitar, But my problem with this is that when I play I play by ear half the time, So here I am playing 15 notes when it only has 7 due to it putting me on an easier difficulty. To be fair though, as you progress in the song, it increases the difficulty depending on how well you play. So the better you play the harder it makes it, But if you can't handle the fire it puts you down a notch. So that was fun but i wish it had that AND a difficulty selector. That would have been a bit better.

The guitars: Ok I know This should be the last thing I complain about seeing as I have my own darn guitars, But does every guitar in the game have to be a Gibson? Can I have an Ibanez? Maybe a B.C. Rich? Or maybe even a DEAN. I mean come on man. Well, Let's hope that some new DLC will involve some nice new guitars to add.


well, other than this I have no complaints. The game is solid, it sounds good, it's accurate, The tuning system and the instructor they have get a bit annoying. But hey you need to learn somehow, And to be honest I did learn a thing or two while paying the game so that was pretty sweet. Now If you will excuse me I am off to my next adventure. Expect a review of ether skyrim (like you need me to tell you how awesome it is) or maybe even supermario land 3d.

This game deserves if anything a 8 out of 10

Until then SirSlaughter out!

No comments:

Post a Comment